Thursday, August 27, 2009

Much Less C-Diff Bloat and Pain

After almost a week of vancomycin, I finally got heavy duty antibiotic diarrhea. I suspect taking my high dose probiotics, before I started this round of vanco, prevented diarrhea during the first 6 days of vanco. So this diarrhea means my good bacteria levels are very low now. I also noticed that I'm getting bruises very easily again, which also means my good bacterial levels are low. At least half of our Vitamin K, which controls bruising, is produced by good bacteria in the gut. Spontaneous bruising usually means my good bacteria are deficient.

I'm taking the lower dose (8-12 billion live organism per capsule) probiotics with dinner every night. However, I could have forgotten to take that last night. I have so many pills (with vitamins, minerals, HCl and vanco) to take with dinner that I may have forgotten. Of course the good news about diarrhea is I lose the c-diff belly bloat and gas. I still have cramping pain before every 'd' episode, but that's better than constant cramping pain.

Over the weekend I shopped for dresses, after I saw a sale at my favorite store. One of the knit dresses had a fitted bodice, with a knot, which put a drape down the front over the tummy area. I still had c-diff bloat that day. So I LOVED that dress and bought 2 in that style. Unfortunately they didn't have my size. However, in order to use the sale coupon, I bought one dress in navy blue in my size and the other in a pattern in a larger size. So I could take the larger dress to exchange for my size at a store which did have my size in the pattern dress. I later noticed a flaw in the blue dress and also decided to exchange that dress.

Yesterday I went to pick up the correct size of the pattern dress which another store was holding and exchange the blue dress. That store was close to where I used to live and my closest friends/neighbors still live. So I planned to visit them and take them tomatoes from my garden.

However when I entered the store I noticed dresses which my local store didn't have. Because I no longer had c-diff bloated I was attracted to several more fitted dresses. How many 'bloat' dresses do I really need if I intend to eliminate c-diff and its bloat symptom? After trying on several dresses and much indecision, I decided to get a more fitted blue/black pattern dress with a very unique neckline, the correct size in the looser patterned dress and another fitted snakeskin pattern (beige/brown/cream/gray) dress with a surplice bodice. Amazingly, I exchanged my original 2 dresses for those three dresses and saved $11.50, because the 2 fitted dresses were less expensive than the looser dresses. I was pleased with my choices.

When I finally arrived at my former neighbors' house, they were both home. Then I had a nice long chat with them. They loved my tomatoes and gave me some fresh peaches, which I enjoy for breakfasts with cereal. Although I visited my friends for over an hour, I was able to drive home before the afternoon commuter traffic jams. So I had a great day!

2 comments:

Claudi said...

don't you just love great days,
after last week every day this week seems like a super, great, fabulous day :)

I am going today to the other payless shoe store to get a second pair half price, hopefully they have something I like

sue said...

Since I learned I had c-diff, I can count my 'great days' on one hand. So I'll enjoy them whenever I can.

After taking vanco for one week, I still have c-diff symptoms this morning, especially nausea, chills and dizziness. That really surprised me. I thought I'd be over the worst symptoms by now.

Maybe I take my doses too far apart overnight. I took my late night at 11:15pm and then didn't take my breakfast dose until 10:15 am. 12 hours may be long enough to let c-diff spores retaliate. Whatever ... I'm glad I can take 2 weeks of vanco this time, but I may need more ...