Monday, July 27, 2009

New Attitude About Flagyl

I took my first 2 flagyl with dinner tonight. Actually I stopped eating in the middle of my salmon salad and swallowed the 2 pills with some hazelnut milk. Then I went back to eating my salad. I noticed a little bitter metallic taste, but not so much that it ruined the salad taste. I also drank ginger tea with my meal to control the nausea. With all those precautions, I didn't suffer much discomfort (nausea, etc.) after taking the first 2 flagyl pills.

Maybe my observations are premature ... maybe I don't have enough flagyl in my system to cause really bad reactions ... maybe the worst is yet to come. However, when I noticed the metallic taste tonight, I just thought, "Yes, that's flagyl. That's the drug which will kill my c-diff bacteria and improve my gut motility (regularity). That's the drug which will eventually eliminate my gut cramps, gas and bloating." Rather than feel sorry for myself for enduring those side effects of nausea and strong metallic taste, I'll let those side effects remind me that flagyl is WORKING to fight the c-diff.

My attitude may deteriorate overnight, especially if I wake up very nauseas. However, I remembered to NOT eat pizza the first night I took the flagyl. LOL I won't soon forget my experience of getting sick several hours after eating pizza for dinner and taking my first 2 flagyl pills a month ago. SIGH Nevertheless, with full knowledge of my previous side effects, I chose to take flagyl for another 10 days. I CHOSE this treatment to eliminate C-diff. I'll probably need to remind myself of that choice, if the side effects become really uncomfortable, but I chose this treatment.

No comments: