Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Intuitive Eating" by Tribole and Resch

After grappling with how I defined intuitive eating in previous posts, I decided to finally read the classic book, "Intuitive Eating" by Tribole and Resch. I may have skimmed through that book years ago and decided I had already read enough books by authors who encouraged intuitive eating. As I read, I realize that I already learned and incorporated many of their suggestions into my approach to eating. However, "Intuitive Eating" also explains how my eating (pseudo dieting) habits and beliefs perpetuated my binge/purge habits for so many years. Reading that book helps me understand how I can now become even more attuned to my body cues and food preferences in order to eat even more intuitively and permanently end food struggles and overeating.

No comments: