Sunday, October 3, 2010

No Obvious Improvement

After 3 weeks of taking Levoxyl (50 mg daily), I haven't noticed any really obvious improvements in regularity. I still need the same amounts of all my supplements (magnesium, vitamins B, C, D, E, HCl and probiotics) plus lots of fiber and fluids for any degree of 'regularity'. However I also now have slight bloating and fecal urgency (feeling like I have to 'go' all the time). I thought after 3 weeks of thyroid supplement I would have less impaired regularity symptoms, not more. I've read that Levothyroxine slowly builds up in the body. So improvement symptoms slowly appear. However, I expected to get better, not worse, regularity-wise.

I still feel warmer and more energetic (possibly due to improved thyroid function), but I didn't mind feeling tired and needing more clothing layers as much as I disliked irregularity symptoms. I also suspect that my current intestinal symptoms mean I have another gut bug infection. My doc said my stool test results won't arrive for another week. So I won't know whether these symptoms mean I need more Levothyroxine or another drug to kill new gut bugs. Right now I feel hopeless about ever feeling healthy again.

No comments: