Monday, September 27, 2010

What Cold??

When my husband asked me tonight, "How's your cold?", I replied "WHAT cold??" I had no sinus or throat pain today and only slightly runny nose, which felt more like allergy than respiratory infection. I also felt a LOT more energetic (and WARM) than I have in a long time. As I mentioned in my previous post, 2 weeks of Levoxyl (thyroid supplement) could also have influenced my feeling warmer, more energetic and 'regular'.

Unfortunately I also experienced some abdominal pain, which could mean another intestinal infection. However the pain moves from one side to the other (ascending to descending colon), which seems more related to my other symptoms of fecal urgency and softer stools, the kind of symptoms I get before having diarrhea. Improved regularity is definitely a (desired) side effect of thyroid supplement. Nevertheless, I could do without the gut cramps. Maybe that's just a passing symptom, like my intial slight headache and nausea while I adjusted to Levoxyl. I read that I would begin to notice improvements after 2-3 weeks of taking Levoxyl. I hope all these new symptoms mean that I'm heading toward normal thyroid function.

No comments: