Friday, October 8, 2010

Phone Chat with Doc

Yesterday I talked to my doc about my latest stool test results and my current gastrointesinal well being. She was pleased that my test showed no new gut bugs. In response to my questions about the 'parasite taxonomy unavailabled', she explained that the Metametrix test is so sensitive that it can isolate bits of almost anything. So the test could have just identified an insect or part of an insect from any organic produce I eat.

She also encouraged me to continue high dose probiotics to improve my good bacteria levels. She told me to take my HLC Synbiotic Intensive probiotics with FOS before bed or on an empty stomach, rather than with meals, as the package label directed. Accordingly I could absorb more of the probiotic, without interference from stomach acid, which could destroy some probiotic cells.

Unfortunately I forgot to ask her about taking a TPOAb and/or T3 blood tests for Hasimoto's antibodies and T3 levels. However she did advise me to retest my thyroid levels in November or December. Since my HMO only tests TSH, I'll need another blood test order from my doc. So she can add those additional tests then.

No comments: