Friday, December 3, 2010

Too Late

After following my doc's instructions to take both T4 and T3 (thyroid supplements) this morning but no T3 in the afternoon, I received a phone message from her clinic when I got home late this afternoon. That message told me to take only one of my supplements (T3 at half dose or just one in the morning) for 3 days WITHOUT taking the T4. If I have no palpitations, I should then add the T4 and take both for 3 days. If I don't have palpitations, I can continue. If I do have palpitations and can determine which supplement (T3 or T4) caused the palpitations, I should call the clinic and let them know. WHOOOAA!!!! That sounds like my doc is just guessing.

Since the phone message arrived long after I normally take my thyroid supplements, I took one half T4 and one whole T3 tablet this morning, but no T3 this afternoon. So both of those pills were actually half doses, since I usually take T3 in the morning and afternoon. I HAVE experienced palpitations, increased body temp and decreased appetite today. (The last 2 symptoms are benefits for me.) However, I suspect the palpitations will subside before bedtime, because T3 has a short half-life (about 8 hours). That means that by 11pm the T3 should have cleared my system. So I'll take the LDN at 10:30pm, if I no longer have palpitations. If I still have palpitations, I may skip the LDN, which could make the palpitations severe.

No comments: