Tuesday, December 7, 2010

2/3 T3 Tablet Works Well

After taking a whole T3 tablet on Sunday morning and feeling hyper with palpitations all day, I slept very poorly, if at all, Sunday night. So I decided to split those tablets in half and try half doses. Unfortunately my pill splitter divides those small T3 pills unevenly into 1/3 and 2/3 pieces. So yesterday I took 2 of the smaller (1/3?) pieces for approximately a 2/3 tablet or about 3.3 mcg dose. I was not hyper, felt comfortable, not overly warm and had palpitations only when walking uphill. I slept much better last night. I only awoke about 3am, which is my usual 4 hours after taking the LDN wakeup time, and recalled an unusual dream. One side effect of LDN is weird dreams, but that was my first weird dream since starting LDN. So I took another 2/3 T3 pill dose today.

Yesterday afternoon I also emailed my doc about my recent bad exeriences with hyperthyroid reactions, her conflicting email and phone messages, and my frustration with interactions between the LDN and thyroid supplements, which could have been avoided by her prescribing a lower dose of LDN. No, I didn't exactly tell her that. I suspect she already realizes she screwed up by starting me at the 3mg dose of LDN, rather than the recommended (for patients taking thyroid supplements) 1.5mg dose. I don't know how she will respond to my email. Nevertheless, I plan to keep tweaking T3 doses, rather than resume taking T4.

My last blood tests showed that my T4 levels had increased but still in normal range, but my total T3 and free T3 were low, even after taking a T4 supplement for 2 months. That suggested I don't easily convert T4 to T3. So I believe if I take anything, I should take T3, while I take LDN. After I finish my 3 month prescription of LDN, I may need to adjust my thyroid meds again. However, I hope I don't have to endure hyperthyroid hell again. SIGH

No comments: