Saturday, December 25, 2010

Dissimilar Arabinogalactin Products

My doc advised me to use Biotics Research IAG (arabinogalactin) powder to fight viral infections while I wait for the LDN to raise my white blood cells. Initially I used that IAG product ... until I finished the container after a month of 2x daily doses. My doc had recommended that I continued arabino for 8 weeks. However, we would need to drive to her clinic and pay more for the Bioteks product.

So I tried a Super Supplements (Larix) brand of IAG. Within a few days my cold symptoms were back (sinus headaches and facial pain, runny nose, sore throat). I got symptom relief when I first took that cheaper product, but within a few hours I felt sick again. So I compared the dosages of the 2 products. The Biotics' adult dose was 1 teaspoon. The Larix product dose was 1-3 TABLESPOONS for adults. I recall that I had only used a heaping teaspoon. So I increased my dose of the Larix product to a tablespoon. Then I experienced intense gas and bloating side effects. Arabinogalactins are a natural source of FOS, prebiotics which feed probiotics, but also cause lots of gas and bloating. I initially experienced a little gas and bloating from the Biotek product, but eventually those symptoms disappeared. From my experience with the Larix product, I suspect that the larger the dose, the more gas I will experience.

SOOOOO on Christmas eve eve (Thursday) we drove to my doc's clinic and got another container of the Biotics. We also delivered a plate of my homemade cookies to my doc and her assistant with a Christmas card. Then, because we were so close to a large shopping mall, we decided to get some exercise strolling the mall and have lunch. Of course going to ANY mall a few days before Christmas is a BIG mistake LOL.

However, we eventually got to the mall, found a parking place, had lunch, walked and shopped. I found 2 more last minute gifts for my husband and he found another gift for me. Then I found H&M, my alltime favorite store and found a red/white striped knit dress and another red sweater. That dress was perfect for Christmas Eve. So I wore it last night to our church service and felt toasty warm.

Within 20 minutes of taking the Biotiks IAG, my cold symptoms disappeared and didn't return for another 12 hours. So I put the Larix product away (maybe I'll give that to my husband when/if he ever gets a cold) and resumed the Biotiks arabinogalactin powder, which was more expensive, but more effective. The smaller effective dose will last me at least a month.

I hope after another month the LDN will my WBC high enough to improve my immunity against chronic respiratory infections. My doc okayed a mid January blood test to check WBCs and thyroid levels. Meanwhile I feel fantastic with my IAG powder and twice daily T3 (thyroid supps). I've increased the LDN capsules to 1.75 mg each and haven't notice any sleep disturbance as long as I take my afternoon T3 dose (2.5 mcg) before 4:30pm. So I almost have what I most want for Christmas: feeling healthier. (I still have some bleeding hemorrhoids, but also use daily sitzbaths which help heal those.) I'm looking forward to a healthier, painfree 2011!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You may try Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net). i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious scratchy throat.

sue said...

Thanks, but I'm very happy with my Biotiks IAG source of arabinogalactin. I can easily get it at my doc's clinic and it works! Not only does it treat symptoms, arabinogalactin actually fights cold viruses so that I recover from colds much faster than anything I've ever used.