Friday, December 17, 2010

Doing Well with Less LDN and More T3

For the past 6 days I've taken only 1.5mg (half my original dose) of LDN and 5-7.5mcg of liothyronine (T3 thyroid supplement). I take a whole T3 (5mcg) tablet when I wake up and another half (2.5mcg) tablet an hour after lunch. That second tablet energizes me for the rest of the day, but I can still sleep well at night. I also decreased my vitamin D from 6000 to 4000IU daily. Then 24 hours after my horrible experience with severe constipation and painful hemorrhoids, I had soft normal stools which continued for the next 5 days. That plus daily sitzbaths helped heal (shrink) the hemorrhoids.

Despite lowering my vitamin D (which helps immunity), I didn't get any cold symptoms until last night. So today I resumed the higher 6000IU of vitamin D. I still feel slight cold symptoms, but those are less than I had 24 hours ago. I may take extra magnesium tonight to compensate for additional vitamin D and prevent constipation, while those hemorrhoids are still healing. However, my higher thyroid level may be adequate to facilitate normal regularity. (Thyroid increases motility, which prevents constipation.)

Even with slight cold symptoms I still feel so much better with 2 daily doses of T3 supplement. Before I began taking LDN at night, I also took a T4 supplement. However, since I don't completely convert T4 to T3, I'll stick to T3at least until I finish the LDN treatment (which enhances the effects of thyroid supplements). Also I can compensate for possible LDN induced hyperthyroid symptoms more easily by decreasing T3 (with its shorter half life) than I can with longer lasting T4 supplements.

No comments: