Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Caprylic Acid Stimulates Ghrelin??

After taking 2 doses of caprylic acid, I'm experiencing all the familiar side effects, including nausea and headache. However, I suspect my ongoing cramping gut pain is caused by the achromobacter infection, rather than the CA treatment. Nevertheless, I wanted to read more about caprylic acid, so that I know what to expect.

After 'googling' several CA topics, I read that CA stimulates the ghrelin hormone which increases appetite. I certainly haven't noticed that yet. However, I look forward to ghrelin stimulation, because right now I hate eating and feel much worse after eating. The CA induced nausea makes me NOT want to eat. So I'm drinking lots of ginger tea to prevent getting so nausea that I throw up.

Nevertheless, I know that my body will adjust to CA in a few days and I will no longer experience nausea, headaches and hopefully no more intestinal cramps. Maybe by then the ghrelin stimulation will kick in. So I can regain whatever weight I lose during the next few days when I'm eating just enough to stop the hunger. Going for long walks to relieve intestinal cramping appeal to me more than eating or sitting here feeling nauseas and having a pity party. LOL So I'm leaving now to walk around my local lake and feed the coots.

1 comment:

sue said...

Thanks. I haven't posted new info for over 6 months. Readers like you inspire me to post moreregularly on this blog.