Saturday, February 21, 2009

Disappointed but not Hopeless

I'm still seeking answers for my symptoms. I may 'feel' hopeless at times, but I never completely give up. I may have a pity party and sometimes binge, rather than coping with feelings of disappointment or helplessness. However I know self-pity and overeating just distract me from what I want/need to do, i.e. recover from symptoms. Yesterday I learned that my naturopath never answered my email inquiry about aspartame, because he was out of town, on vacation. I hope to hear from him early next week.

I've observed over the years that magnesium supplements decreased my gut symptoms (Mg relaxes smooth muscles like intestines). So I decided to try a more absorbable form of magnesium. Since I've heard Mg Citrate is prescribed to prep patients for colonoscopies, I purchased some today. However, I'll start that supplement tomorrow, because I usually take Mg with meals. I'm going to a play after dinner tonight. Since I don't know how I will react to Mg Citrate, I'll take that after breakfast and dinner tomorrow.

To be continued ...

No comments: