Wednesday, February 29, 2012

8 weeks of T3 Only

Tomorrow I will complete 8 weeks on T3 only. Supposedly I will have cleared all supplemental T4 from my system by then. So I won't have any T4 interference (or depend on unpredictable T4 conversion. I have tried 40mcg of T3 (in 3 divided doses) for 2 weeks and 3 days. However, on 3 of those days I returned to 37.5 mcg of T3 in divided doses. Each time I returned to the lower dose, within a day or 2 I experienced constipation, sometimes with hemorrhoidal bleeding. So I'll keep trying the 40mcg with 3 daily divided doses for awhile. I take my first (largest 15mcg) dose when I wake up, another (12.5mcg dose about 5 hours later and the last dose (12.5mcg) 4 hours after that. With a late afternoon dose I'm ready for sleep (I'm appropriately exhausted) around 10pm and sleep soundly for 8 hours. As long as I keep my first and second dose 5 hours apart, I don't have heart palpitation sensations, but I do feel energetic, warm and regular during the day.

No comments: