Monday, February 13, 2012

2.5mcg T3 Dose Increase

Enough freezing and irregularity problems! I increased my T3 morning dose to 15mcg for a total of 40mcg daily dose. I'll have to continue at that dose for at least 3 days to determine if it changes my hypo symptoms. I'm disappointed that the previous dose stopped working as well. However, that t3 dose without t4 kept me symptom free for over 5 weeks. That's a lot longer than any previous T4/T3 combo dose.

I also communicated w/ the author of "Recovering wtih T3" about needing to raise the dose that was so helpful for so long. He told me to just keep increasing my T3 slowly as I needed to eliminate symptoms. Maybe I'll eventually reach a dose that only requires one prescription. LOL Previously I've had 2 prescriptions of T3 to give me both 5mcg and 25mcg tablets, which I needed for my original 30mcg daily T3 dose. However, I needed to increase that dose during the past 6 months. So I ended up taking 3 half tablets of the 25mcg tablets and not using the remaining 5mcg pills. Continuing my current 40mcg dose will allow me to use up the 5 mcg tablets before I see my doc and request a new prescription. However, I really don't know what my daily dose will be in mid March.

No comments: