Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Heart Palpitations

The higher dose(40mcg total daily) of T3 has done wonders for my previous irregularity problems during the past 10 days. However, I've become much more aware of a strong heart beat during the past few days. I don't want to lose the )digestive benefits, but I worry about possible heart palpitations. So I'll try a lower dose (37.5mcg total) starting tomorrow. Maybe that first dose of 15mcg is just too high, but I only raised my total dose 2.5mcg. I've read that the first dose should be the highest, because the longest time elapsed between the afternoon and morning dose. Nevertheless, I want to see what happens with heart palpitations on a lower dose. I may try the higher (40mcg dose) the next day so I average somewhere between those 2 totals. I'd hate to lose all the motility benefits I got from the higher dose, but I don't want palpitations either.

Yesterday I took my blood pressure and pulse at a local pharmacy's blood pressure machine, before and after I took my afternoon T3 dose. Before T3 dose (4+ hours since previous dose) my blood pressure was 102 systolic, 56 diastolic and 82 pulse (I'd walked 30 minutes to get to the location which would have raised my heart beat). 15-20 minutes after I took my afternoon t3 dose, I measured blood pressure and pulse on another machine at another pharmacy (less than a block away). That time my blood pressure was 104 systolic, 65 diastolic, and 78 pulse (I sat and tried to relax a minute or two before taking that reading, which may have lowered my pulse.) Either the second machine was more accurate (the pressure cuff felt tighter) or t3 works quickly to raise my blood pressure.

The last time I measured blood pressure at a local machine within a few hours after taking my t3 dose, my blood pressure was 115 systolic, 72 diastolic and 73 pulse. What a difference a few hours between doses can make. That explains why I feel colder and more tired just before I take my next planned t3 dose.

No comments: