Thursday, September 16, 2010

While Waiting to Feel Better ...

I developed yet another upper respiratory infection (cold?) after several days of extreme fatigue. Now I have very sore throat, runny eyes and nose as well as extreme fatigue. I've taken Levoxyl for 3 days and haven't really seen any obvious signs of improvement.

Meanwhile I've rearranged my morning juice, breakfast and supplement schedule to accomodate the thyroid meds. I can't eat breakfast for at least an hour after taking the morning Levoxyl. Then I can't take my regular vitamins and mineral supplements until 4 hours after I take Levoxyl. I previously took Vitamins C, Bs and Magnesium (and also zinc when I struggled with colds). Then I changed to only taking supplements at lunch and dinner (which reduced the supplement daily totals).

Shortly thereafter I got severe constipation (impacted stool severity) and a really bad sore throat. I don't know which I hate worse ... the cold or the constipation!!! Of course, I'm taking thyroid to reduce my vulnerabilty to infections and improve regularity. However, most patients don't see obvious improvements in energy, regularity and/or infection resistance until 1-2 weeks after beginning thyroid. I want to see those improvements YESTERDAY, if not before!! LOL

No comments: