Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Naturopath Appointment

My naturopath (who requested all the blood tests) asked me to make an appointment to see her in person. We've exchanged too many (over 20) emails during the past 3 months. I had planned to see her after she moved to the new office in a 'sattelite clinic', located closer to my house. However, she recently told me she couldn't move until sometime in November. So I made an appointment to see her on Thursday at the original clinic.

Unfortunately I don't plan to do the stool test (for parasites, bacteria and funguses) until the following Monday morning. I should have abstained from probiotics and HCl supplements over the Labor Day weekend so that I could do that test this morning. However, I didn't experience any dientamoeba fragilis symptoms (lower left quadrant pain) until yesterday (Monday) morning. I can only mail that test Mondays through Thursdays. So I might just as well wait until this coming Friday to start the required 3 day 'fast' from digestive supplements before I do the test.

Nevertheless, I really don't know what is causing my current lower right quadrant pain. I could still have the d-frag parasite. I could have a new gut bug. Or I could have just accidentally consumed an allergen. I'll have to wait a month after doing the stool test to receive the results. I wish that were a speedier process. SIGH

2 comments:

Gothic Writer said...

Whew... waiting to know must be annoying. It is slow. I hope your pain is not too severe in the mean time...

sue said...

Thanks, Lisa. Actually I'm not doing too badly now ... maybe because I'm beginning to see the light at the end of my gut infection tunnel. My naturopath is quite the sleuth. She could see sooooooo much more in my blood test results than my HMO PC. My ND found soooo many more clues about why I've been vulnerable to so many gut bug infections. Most of those clues point back to years of undiagnosed celiac disease. I'll explain more later in a new post. I learned soooo much today. I'm really pleased with my new naturopathic doc. I could have prevented all my current issues if I would have found her when I first suspected CD. Oh well, better now than never. SIGH