Thursday, December 31, 2009

Positive Intentions

I often 'resolve' to eliminate habits or stop using habits that cause problems for me. However, I realized that NOT doing something is much more difficult that simply replacing a habit with another habit. After spending the past 3 days considering how I eat past comfortable fullness, as well as how I mismanage my time during the day, and what I want to do differently, I've developed an 'intention' list for 2010:

(1) Continue eating without distractions (tv and/or reading) as often as possible. (I can't focus as well on my food and stomach sensations when I eat with my husband--he's a great distraction!! LOL)

(2) Read and reply to emails, post here or on other sites, etc. during late afternoon, when I'm tired and want to sit, rather than in the morning when I'm energetic and have other things to do and errands to run.

(3) Go off probiotics, digestive enzymes and all meds (esp. vancomycin) so that I can do another DNA Microbial stool test to determine whether I still have c-diff. (I'm tired of guessing. 10 days off vanco should be enough time to let the spores morph into bacteria if I still have spores. Then the test will measure the bacteria, if I had spores which morphed during those 10 days.)

(4) Write SHORTER posts and/or blog entries. LOL (Rather than trying to say it all in one long, confusing post, I'll try to think about what I want to say and/or edit my comments to achieve brevity.)

That's enough for now. If I list any more than 4 'intentions', I probably won't consistently keep them. Maybe after I send my stool test sample, I can consider another intention. However, those 4 'intentions' will keep me busy for the next week or so.

No comments: