Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Missing Posts??

If you thought several posts (after the AAT series) disappeared, you're right. I deleted all posts about my beverage changes, because each post seemed to duplicate all the previous posts. So I'll summarize here everything I wrote in the missing posts:

In my ongoing quest to understand what causes my chronic gut symptoms, I decided to eliminate all beverages except filtered water and stevia sweetened herbal teas made with filtered water. That means I eliminated decaf coffee, alcohol (usually wine), soda pop, any aspartame sweetened beverages (as well as aspartame) and Seattle water (which contains about 100x as much calcium as magnesium). Most of those eliminated beverages and aspartame are believed to deplete magnesium, which I need for normal regularity. Drinking filtered water, which is free of all minerals, seems better than Seattle water which is high calcium, and thereby also depletes magnesium.

I haven't noticed a huge improvement in my gut issues, but I no longer get frequent headaches (probably caused by aspartame, caffeine and alcohol withdrawal). Our 'custom pure' filtered water tastes better. So I don't miss other beverages, but would miss herbal teas, which I decided to continue making with filtered water.

No comments: