Friday, January 27, 2012

Short-lived Change Resistance

Within 24 hours I became quite proficient with my new laptop. I only resisted my husband's offer of a mouse. After learning to use the touch pad on my new laptop, I didn't want to get dependent on external 'gadgets'. I'm still missing the 'backspace' key which is inconveniently placed on this tiny laptop. Maybe they assume my typing skills are so good that I seldom need to backspace. LOL I am proficient at typing, but this new, tinier keyboard takes some adjustment. My next learning project is Windows Office 2010. I had a much older version on my old desktop. Actually everything on that desktop was very old (and very slow).

In other news I passed the 3 week mark on T3 only therapy. I'm still feeling very well (warm, energetic and 'regular'). I tried reducing my afternoon dose from 12.5 mcg to 10 mcg, but I really noticed the difference. I don't feel as energetic 3 hours after that lower dose. Or maybe I'm fighting another cold. I'll eliminate that with a bedtime dose of arabinogalactin. I can go to bed with a cold and wake up healthy after taking that.

I'm still awaiting response from the minister who oversees groups at my church. I emailed her that I wanted to start a gluten intolerance/celiac disease support group at my church almost 3 weeks ago. Last Sunday I spoke to her in person reiterating what I said in my email. However, I didn't hear from her again this week. Oh well, I have plenty of clothing alterations to keep me busy (not to mention yardwork when the weather is warmer) until I get the go ahead for my group from the church.

No comments: