Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Here We Go Again

After another day of really cold weather, frozen streets and treacherous driving, weather people predict exactly the same for tomorrow (when I have my doctor appointment). So my doc's clinic called tonight to say that the clinic will be closed for the next 3 days (one day of inclement weather and 2 days for Thanksgiving holiday). I asked to convert my appointment to a phone conference, because my doc plans that for her appointments tomorrow. However they booked someone else in the appointment time they gave me on Monday for tomorrow. Either they put the wrong name or they actually gave away my appointment time. GRRRRRRR!!! That also means my doc does not have my file with her at home.

Again I explained that I really needed to talk to my doc asap, because I've been sick and getting sicker since I saw her last. So the clinic receptionist promised to find a time for me and fax my last 2 lab (blood) test results to my doc. Actually I have those results and can inform my doc. I could have just emailed her. However, most clinics assume patients are clueless about their condition and lab tests. So I need to wait until tomorrow morning to learn whether I can even talk to my doc on the phone.

No comments: