Friday, May 28, 2010

Dientamoeba Fragilis AND Helicobacter Pylori

I just today received my latest DNA Microbial stool test results. I have another parasite (dientamoeba fragilis) AND Helicobacter Pylori, the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers. The parasite explains my ever worsening cramping intestinal pain, indigestion (feeling like food doesn't digest without HCl capsules) and irregularity (parasite). The H. Pylori explains my burning stomach pain when I take the digestive supplement (HCl capsules) which help me digest fats and proteins. Without the HCl I get riboflavin deficiency symptoms. Unfortunately H. Pylori can survive normal stomach acid. However, H. Pylori thrives with low stomach acid. So I'll cut back to one HCl capsule and see if I still have burning pain. I don't know that I have a stomach ulcer. The test only shows that I have H. Pylori, which can cause stomach ulcers. Maybe the burning pain means that bacteria did cause an ulcer.

Meanwhile I can only research treatments and distract myself from fears about physical damage and treatment side effects. I can't talk to my doc until after the memorial day weekend. So today we saw Sex and the City II and indulged in a little retail therapy. I hit the Nordstrom sale and ordered a pair of blue sandals. Then I found an ivory sweater jacket at another store. Retail therapy raises my endorphins (which decreases pain) as well as exercise. Watching Carrie Bradshaw in SATC makes my degree of retail therapy seem normal. LOL

More later ...

No comments: