Thursday, April 16, 2009

One Week Later

Surprise, surprise ... I actually like my hair now. What changed my perspective? 1/8" of additional length on the too short sides and back edges, finding lots of cute hats from previous 'too short' cut experiences, 6 days of styling my hair my way, 6 days of getting 'used' to seeing myself in shorter hair, and above all a few warmer weather days, which make short hair seem appropriate, rather than silly. I also realized that in my facebook photo (of me in Maui) I have the same style and almost the same length.

In one week I went from wanting to hide from everyone to wanting to wear chic spring outfits with my flattering short hair cut. So maybe the weather most influenced my change of heart. Nevertheless I still bought another cute hat during today's shopping trip. I needed a red cap to match my red scarf, which goes with my red/black/blue plaid bomber jacket and black short trench coat. I love red and black together, especially with red next to my face to prevent the black garment from draining all the color from my face. Instead of draining my color, red makes me look healthy and alive.

I also bought another pair of large hoop earrings (orange). I used to believe short hair cuts needed short earrings ... until I tried a pair of thin, long hoops. I now wear lightweight, long earrings (esp. hoops) almost constantly. Maybe they balance my long neck and long ears, which short haircuts seem to emphasize, at least until the hair in front of my ears and on the back of my neck grow longer. Hmmm ... maybe my hair really hasn't grown out enough to suit my preference. Maybe I just learned how to accessorize to improve the overall appearance of my cut. Whatever ... I like my haircut (style?) now. I guess I'll keep my stylist, but I STILL plan to mark on my face and neck in lipstick how long I want the sides and back before I let her cut my hair again.

No comments: