Friday, April 29, 2011

Short Health Update

I've taken 50 mcg of T4 and 10 mcg of T3 (divided dose) for 8 days now. During the previous week I took 25 mcg of T4 and 12 mcg of T3 for 7 days. However, I got tired of splitting pills. So I tried whole tablets of both drugs. I notice a little more palpitation after exercise, but my husband assures me that's normal. I'm warmer, more energetic and absolutely 'regular' (no more bleeding hemorrhoids YAAAYY!!!). I still notice slight energy deficit before and after I take my afternoon T3 dose. I can't call that an energy 'crash' now. I can push through the urge to veg, while my T3 takes effect.

I'll continue to monitor side effects of the T4, because I'm also taking full dose (3 mg) of LDN. I may need to reduce the T4 back to 25 mcg after it reaches full potential in my body. That usually takes 1-4 weeks. Above all, I haven't experienced cold symptoms for over a week. So I'm gradually reducing the Arabinogalactin. I also resumed taking vitamin D (because I no longer have constipation problems), but I only take 1000 IU of D3 daily. I eat enough vitamin D rich foods. So I don't want to OD on vitamin D3 again. Perhaps my body can finally fight off viral infections before they develop into full blown 'colds'. Only time will tell, but I feel well now.

No comments: