Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I LOVE Spring!!

Last Saturday we had warm, sunny weather after a long dreary, rainy spell. So my husband planted peas, carrots and lettuce. I planted kale seeds and brocolli starts. I was still struggling with that sinus infection. So I didn't stay outside very long that day.

However, today we have 60+ degree weather. I'm wearing sandals, boot cut khakis and one of the many boatneck knit tops I made from a favorite pattern earlier this year. (Once I get a pattern altered to fit, I tend to use it over and over.) I believe I made 5 tops from different colors and patterns of knit fabric from that pattern. I also made matching A-line skirts for 2 of those tops. I'm so glad to have weather warm enough to shed heavy sweaters, skinny jeans, thick sock and running shoes.

I plan to plant new parsley and clean out my herb garden (deck pots) this afternoon. Then I will prune the blueberry bushes and all the roses damaged by last winter's cold weather. I'll wait to plant tomato seeds, because I can't really set out the plants until May. Also I need to wait until May or so to plant green beans and crookneck squash. I hope we have a few warm days this month so that I can clean out the strawberry beds and topdress them with organic mulch.

Best of all I'm almost recovered from that awful sinus infection. I still have a tiny bit of congestion, but don't feel like I have an infection any more. I also suspect the excess vitamin D in my body (which caused constipation) has finally decreased to a normal level, because I no longer need extra magnesium and/or vitamin C for regularity. I'm just taking a normal (for me) amount of vitamin C and magnesium and my regular thyroid (T3) dose 2x daily. I'm trying to change my daily schedule to enjoy as much daylight as possible by getting up earlier and eating meals earlier. That also allows me to take my afternoon T3 dose earlier. Eventually I'll be able to take that afternoon thyroid dose BEFORE I crash. LOL

Finally I will resume full dose LDN (3mg) tonight. I tried that 2 nights ago and slept okay. So I took my last 2/3 LDN dose last night. I will take the rest of my full dose LDN capsules nightly for the next 16 days. After I finish that prescription I'll need to have another blood draw to test my white blood cell (esp. neutrophils) level to verify whether LDN actually improved my immmunity. At this point I really don't know, because I still got that awful sinus infection after almost 4 months of LDN. I'll also requests tests for vitamin D and thyroid hormone levels (T3, T4, TSH and Hashimoto's antibodies) from that blood draw. Of course, my doc will actually have to request the blood draw order from my HMO clinic.

No comments: