Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Food House Fantasy Insights

On my Find Truth Get Free message board I posted a 'guided daydream' or fantasy which I read in "The Psychologist's Eat Anything Diet" by Leonard Pearson. Basically the 'fantasizer' gets relaxed, closes her eyes and imagines lying in a grassy meadow listening to birds, hearing a gentle breeze and feeling the warm sun on her face. Then she gets up and follows a path to a house at the edge of a woods. As she enters the house she realizes that the house is filled with ALL of her favorite foods or everything she ever wanted to eat. There is nobody else there, however she can invite 1 or more people to share this house visit. She can do whatever she wants the foods. She can return as often as she wants. After awhile she is told she must soon leave, but she has a few moments to do whatever she wants. Then she leaves, returns to htem meadow, lies back down and then awakens in her current reality.

Then the fantasizer answers a few questions about what she saw in the house, what she did, whom she invited, what she ate, how she felt about the house and its contents and how she felt about leaving the house. I will describe below my answers to those questions about my own food house fantasy. Here's how I visualized the house, the room filled with food, and how I felt and what I thought while I was there:

I could vividly see the house. It was a cute little log cottage, surrounded by
flowers and fruit trees, with a huge front porch with comfy chairs. There were
curtains in the window. I walked into the 'living room' where I saw bouquets of flowers everywhere, maple furniture which I could smell and braided rugs on hardwood floors which I could also smell. (I love the smell of wood and flowers.) However I was overwhelmed by the smell of fresh baked bread wafting from the kitchen.

I followed the scent into the kitchen, where I saw a huge basket of all kinds of fresh fruit on the table. On the counter were 2 loaves of freshly baked chewy bread with lots of seeds and nuts. In the oven was a hot casserole with beans or chicken, rice and vegies. On the stove was a huge pot of thick soup, maybe split pea or chicken vegie. In the freezer part of the refrigerator were several pints of ice cream, each a different flavor, and many ready to thaw and heat frozen entrees. In the refrigerator were containers of salads (like I buy in a deli), which I could just open and eat. I also saw several tubs of different kinds of freshly ground nutbutters, several large chunks of cheese, a tub of butter and a huge jar of mayonnaise. I also saw bottles of good wines, a container of apple ginger juice and a jar of pineapple juice. In the pantry cupboard were a jar of cashews, a 5 pound jar of peanut butter, a cannister of crackers, a cooky jar filled to the brim, a container of dates, and many pop-top cans of chicken, salmon and shrimp.

I didn't think about eating any of those foods. I just took in all the sights
and smells, because I knew I could come back to that kitchen anytime I wanted. However, I did open the back door and find a garden with ripe berries, grapes and all kinds of fresh vegies waiting to eaten. There was also a well with fresh spring water.

I felt RELIEVED because I didn't have to prepare or cook any of the food, but also because the food would always be fresh. So I didn't have to worry about anything going bad. Maybe some local elves shopped, prepared and managed all the food. LOL Also there were NO vitamins or digestive enzymes in the house, because I could eat and normally digest any of the foods. Once I entered the house I would have no food allergies or gastrointestinal problems. I could just eat and enjoy the food without worrying about how I would react.

I recall thinking, when I had to leave, that I will return again very soon. I didn't worry about locking the door, because I thought the house was my secret. I thought that only people I invited could find the house, if/when I wanted to share the house with them. Right now I can only think of one person whom I might invite.

My fantasy suggested what I miss in 'real life' and also what I might do differently. Most of all, on my 'miracle day' I would wake up without food allergies or sensitivities! LOL

I'll discuss what I learned from that fantasy in my next post. Meanwhile, consider having your own food house fantasy. LOL

No comments: