Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just One Resolution

My previous post described what I intend to continue doing (medications and stopping when full). Actually I intend to stop when I feel full more consistently at meals. If I overate at every meal, I'd probably be overweight. However, I didn't mention in that post one intention to change in 2011.

I intend to let my hair grow into a short bob with bangs. I'm sooooo tired of this pixie cut, which I've worn for 5? years. All too often I see myself (my pixie cut) coming and going in other people's hairstyles. I'm tired of having my hairstylist thin my healthy, thick (dense) hair to conform to a pixie. I'm tired of FREEZING after every cut, except on very hot days (which are rare in Seattle). I'm tired of worrying about whether my style deemphasizes my short forehead and larger than 'pixie' sized ears. So I intend to cover those features with longer bangs and longer sides. I may wear the bob shorter in the back and longer in the front, but I definitely want the bangs and front hair to frame my facial features (large eyes and prominent cheek bones).

With that intention I may suffer some 'grow out' discomfort as I let my current cut grow long enough to create some sort of bob for at least the next 2 cuts. Last Friday was 8 weeks since my last cut. If I can endure another 4-5 weeks of this cut, the shortest hair (originally above my ears) will almost reach my earlobes for a short bob style. Maybe I should call my hairstylist and book an appointment 4-5 weeks from now. So if I waiver in my 'growout' intention, I'll have to call and reschedule that appointment.

Perhaps I just like having something to look forward to or change. We didn't go to Maui last October. Likewise I don't imagine going to Maui in February, because I will still be on LDN treatment. Between the vitamins/minerals, thyroid, probiotics for good health, and LDN and arabinogalactin to improve my immunity, those are too many pills to schedule into a vacation. I want to at least wait until my WBCs are higher before I expose myself to airports, airplanes and other big crowds of people sharing their viral and bacterial infections. I wash my hands frequently during the day, but always feel worse after being with crowds of people at the mall. So I may still be susceptible to infection for another few months.

Sooooo ... I'm looking forward to a new hairstyle and a healthier 2011.

4 comments:

xShelbyx said...

Awesome! U'll look fantastic! Post some Before/After pics so we can see the transformation!

Anonymous said...

I'm growing my hair out too! Gonna get dh to do a little shaping to the back cause I'm getting helmet head... lol I'd love to see some pics once yours is grown out. :)

sue said...

What hair length or style do you ultimately want? I'm growing out my many layered pixie into a short bob with bangs. From the front I already look like I have a short bob with bangs 9 weeks since my last cut. However from the side and back, I definitely have an overgrown pixie. So I'll need several months and a few trims to even out my hair before I actually have a 360 degree bob. LOL

sue said...

Aapkii shaktii: My current photo (on this blog) is my 'before' (before I decided to grow out my pixie cut). I'll definitely need to post an updated after photo.