Monday, April 12, 2010

Peppermint Tea for Gut Cramps

Now that I know what caused my intestinal cramps and how long I will endure that pain, I can use peppermint herbal tea to reduce the intensity of those cramps. I usually don't drink peppermint tea, because that can cause reflux. I can easily get reflux after consuming peppermint, caffeinated beverages or alcohol. So I can only drink peppermint tea before or several hours after meals. Nevertheless, peppermint tea relaxes my intestinal cramps, which also relieves constipation and bloating, caused by those cramps. So I drank a cup of strong peppermint tea soon after awakening this morning. I then experienced slightly less intestinal pain. I may also take Tylenol if the pain gets too intense during the next few days.

Meanwhile I'm relieved to know what caused the pain. I also know those symptoms will disappear after 3-5 more days. So I just need to distract myself, drink peppermint tea, exercise my stomach muscles as well as do any aerobic exercises (like rapid walking) to generate natural pain relieving endorphins. I ALWAYS feel better after I do any kind of exercise. I'm even more motivated when I'm in pain.

No comments: