Monday, April 22, 2013

What Are Your Favorites?

I've read several versions of the following questions on various social media, but I don't recall ever blogging my answers to questions about my 'favorites'.  So in the spirit of getting acquainted, I decided to list and answer the following 'favorites' questions.  I alphabetized the questions. (Actually I used the alphabet for inspiration.) Feel free to copy and paste these questions into your own blog post and insert your own answers ...

Favorite automobile: Mazda (first car was a GLC, now own a Mazda 2)

Favorite bird: penguin

Favorite color: orange

Favorite dessert: cookies or ice cream

Favorite eastcoast city: NYC

Favorite fiction book: "I Was Amelia Earhardt" (I don't usually read fiction, but recently read and liked that book)

Favorite game: Go Fish with Hawaiian species (Do you have any Hummuhummunukunukuapua'a?)

Favorite holiday: Wedding Anniversary which we celebrate in Maui.

Favorite ice cream flavor; Green Tea or Chocolate (I can only eat one brand which contains none of my allergens. Those are my 2 favorites of the 4 flavors I can eat. However, I can make in my blender and icecream maker many allergy free flavors, but that's more work.)

Favorite jewelry: Delicate, long earrings or lightweight necklaces with coral or freshwater pearls

Favorite knick knacks: My deceased aunt's colored glass pitchers.

Favorite lyric from a song: "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me."

Favorite musician: Enya (singer) or Geoffrey Castle (electric guitar player) for instrumentals

Favorite nonfiction book: "Waiting to Fly: My Escapades with the Penguins of Antarctica" by Ron Naveen

Favorite ocean beach: Kamaole Beach 2 in Kihei, Maui, HI is nice for swimming, but I prefer the beach behind the Lahaina Shore Condo/Hotel also in Maui for just walking and beachcombing.

Favorite perfume/scent: White Ginger

Favorite quotation: "(Y)ou'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious--the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse." (Phillippians 4:8 from "The Message" translation)

Favorite restaurant: Tropica at the Ka'anapali Westin, Maui, HI (The chef loves making allergy free entrees with fantastic sauces just for me. I love the special attention and tasty meals.)

Favorite sport (either watch or play): I like to watch figure skating but actually skate occasionally. I like to play tennis during the summer.

Favorite tv show: "Project Runway" or "Once Upon a Time"

Favorite umbrella: animal print umbrella which matches my inifinity scarf

Favorite vacation destrination: Lahaina, Maui, HI

Favorite westcoast city: I like Seattle where I live, but San Diego is also fun to visit.

Favorite xanthum gum use: Gluten free cookies, breads or cupcakes.

Favorite yogurt: Amande raspberry yogurt with additional raspberries.

Favorite zoo: Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, but San Diego's SeaWorld "Penguin Experience" is the best penguin exhibit I've seen.

4 comments:

the weight of a letter said...

This is fun to read. A lot of these questions seems to be about favorite foods and vacation spots. Where did you find these questions? I think I'd like to answer some of them, that's a fun idea.

sue said...

I made up the questions using each letter of the alphabet. I actually used less 'food questions' than I originally intended. Some letters like 'x' were especially difficult to make up questions. Fortunately I use 'xanthum gum' in baking.

You could follow the alphabet and make up your own questions, if you don't like my foody questions. Obviously, I'm a foody or maybe obsessed about food, because I have so many food restrictions. SIGH

The Purple Assassin. said...

Beautiful choices!

sue said...

Thanks! What are your favorites (using my questions or your own)??