Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rx Refill Problems

I felt really well on 42.5mcg total T3 yesterday. I took 15mcg early morning, 15 mcg 5 hours later and 12.5 mcg 5 hours after that (5pm). I had even energy levels until about bedtime (10pm). I slept well and had no regularity problems this morning.

However, I'm still waiting for my pharmacy to fax a refill request to my doc's clinic to okay my different presciption of 1/2 of a 25mcg tablet 3x daily, rather than 2x daily, which was my prescription level over 3 months ago. So I need a new total amount per prescription as well as different dosing directions. Ironically, I'm telling them what I'm already doing and they're printing the directions on the bottle as though I needed to know that. Of course pharmacists assume that doctors are gods and patients are idiots, rather than the other way around. SIGH

I called my pharmacy with the refill/dosage change request on Monday. I spoke to a pharmacist who said she would send the fax to my doc's office. My doc's office has a 24-48 hour turnaround time for prescription renewals. So I expected to hear from my pharmacy or see on my online prescription page that the prescription was ready sometime today. When that didn't happen, I called my doc's assistant. He never received the fax from my HMO's pharmacy. So he promised to call them and remind them of the refill/dosage change request and call me back. Over an hour later I still haven't heard from him. I tried calling my pharmacy and got put on hold indefinitely. I want to keep the line open to receive my doc's assistant's call. However, I also want to learn what happened at my pharmacy with my refill request fax. GRRRRRR!!!

Good thing I started this process of hurry up and wait on Monday, because I will be totally out of my 25mcg tablets after Saturday (3 days away). Fortunately my pharmacy says my prescription for the 5 mcg tablets is ready. I want to pick up and pay for both prescriptions at the same time. I sure hope they don't lose my 5mcg prescription by the time my 25mcg prescription is finally ready. (That happened 2x before. My pharmacy loses new prescriptions, filled prescriptions and now refill requests. What next?!!!

No comments: