Friday, August 6, 2010

New Iodo Side Effects

For the past week I've experienced burning eye pain. I thought that washing windows with an ammonia solution caused that burning pain UNTIL I read that was a common (but potentially dangerous) symptom of Iodoquinol. I didn't have any diagnosed optic neuropathy when I started Iodo. So I didn't think I'd experience that symptom. Actually I didn't notice that symptom during my first Iodo treatment cycle. However, I've noticed that eye pain for a few days now. Fortunately saline solution eye drops relieves that slight burning pain. (Gut pain seems much worse than eye pain.)

I suffered some nausea and dizziness for the first few days on Iodo. However, more recently I've noticed much more reflux and stomach pain, especially when I take acid supplements early in a meal which I follow with Iodo. So I've decided to not take the acid supplements while I'm taking Iodo. That drug is notoriously abrasive to the stomach. My recent reflux experience influenced me to keep taking my glutamine to heal my stomach lining, but abstain from HCl unless I eat a moderate serving of protein/fat in a meal. I get too much reflux taking acid early in a vegan meal which I follow with Iodo.

I'm also beginning to notice more bloating and diffuse (all over) gut cramps now. I hope those symptoms will subside as I adjust to Iodoquinol. However abstaining from HCl supplements can also cause bloating, because I don't digest food as well. I don't know what ingredient in Iodo causes the burning stomach pain, but I know betaine hydrochloride on a sensitive (thin lining) stomach can cause burning pain. So it's another !@#$%^ if I do and !@#$%^ if I don't treatment situation. I want to kill the parasites, but I also want to prevent getting new food borne gut bugs. Nevertheless, neither do I want to damage my stomach after I spent 6 weeks on L-glutamine to heal my stomach lining. I will just observe how I react to taking Iodo, when I don't take HCl for awhile.

No comments: