Thursday, November 15, 2012

Doctor Appointment

I visited my ND today to discuss my latest blood test results.  She wasn't concerned about my low WBC because it was still in the normal range. She did suggest that I get another CBC after 3 months, to check whether my wbc is still in range. We both decided against LDN, because it exacerbates the effect of thyroid supplements. Finding an effective thyroid dose took me a year. So I don't want to mess with that. However, she agreed that I could take IAG (arabinogalactans) again to fight and prevent colds. I've had 2 colds since returning from Maui in late October and might be getting my husband's cold, which he got from a coworker.  I gave him a dose of IAG as soon as I got home, because hesbeen home sick for the past 2 days. 

After looking at my toenails, my doc suspected I may need to continue treatment for 6 months. She previously recommended treating my chronic toenail fungus with oil of geranium mixed with DMSO 2x daily for 3 months. However, considering I had that problem for many years, 6 months of treatmet is more realistic. SIGH

The really good news was my blood pressure (120/75), pulse (85) and temperature (98.8). Those were my first really normal readings ever.  However, I suspect those were a tad inflated because I had just eaten lunch before my appointment. Nevertheless, those reading show that my thyroid supplement is finally the right amount and type (T3 only) to resolved my hypothyroid symptoms. 


No comments: