Sunday, November 6, 2011

November Update

WOW! I returned from Maui 10 days ago and still haven't updated this blog. I had a great vacation, bought too many clothes again SIGH, and came home tan and tired. I'll post more about my vacation, if/when anyone asks. However, for now I'm facing/dreading another test to determine why my immunity is still challenged. (I can avoid colds if I take my arabinogalactin daily and get plenty of sleep. I'm also obsessive about washing my hands. My doc talked me into taking a 24 hour urine sample test for adrenal function. She thinks adrenal deficiency may influence my tendency to get frequent colds and need more and more thyroid hormone.

Usually people who lead stressful lifes deplete their adrenals. My life has not been stressful during the past few years. Nevertheless, my childhood with a very abusive parent and first marriage with a controlling, abusive man could have fatigued my adrenals. However, I don't have many 'adrenal fatigue' symptoms (listed on the test questionnaire). Maybe thyroid supplements have resolved those symptoms. Yet I seem to need more and more thyroid to resolve those hypothyroid syptoms (esp. fatigue and irregularity).

On a somewhat related topic, I've received many reply comments to this blog from people suggesting I try 'natural thyroid' (often Armour brand with a T4/T3 proportion of 4/1). My husband takes that brand and does well, because he easily converts T4 to T3. I don't easily convert T4 to T3. So I need separate T4/T3 products to increase my T4/T3 proportion to about 5/3 or a bit more than 2/1. So if any of you reading this blog wants to post their reply about 'natural thyroid', be advised that I will designate your post as 'scam'. That means your post will never appear on this blog, because I moderate every 'reply' post that I receive. If those reply posts are automatically generated, I've just wasted this paragraph (and time). Nevertheless I'm getting very perturbed by those freqent spammy posts!!

That's all I have time or inclination to post for now. At least my few readers will know I returned from my vacation happy and healthy (for now). More later ...

No comments: