Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Better But Still Puzzled

Those intestinal cramping symptoms gradually decreased over the past 3 days. However, I still don't know what caused the symptoms. Perhaps taking extra probiotics (2 capsules for daily 100 billion live cells vs. my usual daily 50 billion) helped fight off a possible gut bug infection. Perhaps eating coconut ice cream (not just coconut milk, but actual coconut bits) helped calm my gut. I've read that coconut helps decrease diarrhea. I didn't actually have diarrhea, but I had all the urgency and cramps that accompany diarrhea. I also decreased my magnesium supplement consumption. So maybe that helped.

Possibly I contracted a bacteria or reacted to an allergen from the restaurant meal, which I consumed last Saturday night. If so, I will get the same gut symptoms when I eat my restaurant meal leftovers. I hope not, because I always order that same dish and look forward to my 2 meals from leftovers. Nevertheless, I visited that restaurant on a sunny Saturday evening. We got the last open table before a line formed outside. I've never seen that restaurant so crowded. Perhaps someone in the kitchen accidentally contaminated my entree?? However, my recent symptoms didn't feel like an allergy reaction. They did feel like a gut bug. Maybe my gut is healthy enough to rid itself of bad bugs now. I don't know what I had, but I'm glad it's gone ... at least until I thaw, heat and eat my restaurant leftovers. SIGH

No comments: